At Tiny Tickers we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
Tiny Tickers is the only national charity dedicated to the detection and diagnosis of Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) in babies – pre, neo and postnatally. As a charity that receives no government funding, we rely entirely on the kindness and generosity of our valued supporters. We are completely committed to protecting our supporters’ personal information, as well as being open and honest about how we collect, store and use the information we receive. Tiny Tickers is a member of the Fundraising Regulator.
This policy explains how we collect and use your information.
When you provide us with your personal information you are agreeing to this policy and consenting to our collection and use of that information as set out in this policy.
We may be required to update this policy at any time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact the Chief Executive, Jon Arnold, Tiny Tickers, PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR or email email@example.com
How do we collect information?
We may obtain personal information from you when you ask about our activities, register with us, train with us, send or receive an email, make a donation or otherwise provide us with personal information. All information collected is processed in accordance with our legal requirements and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information do we collect?
The information we collect depends upon your interaction with Tiny Tickers, whether it’s via the website, getting in touch, taking part in an event or training. This information could include (but is not exclusive to) your full name, date of birth, email address, child’s medical condition (if applicable), postal address and telephone number. At this date (November 2017) all our donations are processed by third party sites- BT My Donate and CAF so Tiny Tickers do not hold any banking details; but we will hold information on donation dates, values and if they were for a specific purpose.
You may give us your personal information indirectly, through a donation on a fundraising site such as Global Giving, BT My Donate, Virgin Money Giving or Charities Aid Foundation. These third parties will ask you whether you are happy to be contacted by us and we will not use your information to contact you without explicit permission given by you via these sites.
When we ask for your personal information, we give you the option to opt out of communications via post, telephone (which includes text message) and email.
If you would like to opt out of communications directly, please contact us, either by phone on 0300 102 1508, by writing to the Chief Executive Jon Arnold, PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell your personal information to any other organisations. We may share relevant information with organisations that are employed directly to assist in raising funds, such as printers for mailing purposes or companies that manage fundraising events for Tiny Tickers.
Why do we collect your information?
We collect the information you provide to:
- Respond to your requests – such as donations, Gift Aid, events and challenges, training, machinery donations, and any information regarding TINY TICKERS that you have made enquiries about
- Manage your purchase orders, delivery of training or products and communicate with you about those orders
- Record any contact we have with you
- Keep you up-to-date on TINY TICKERS’s news such as fundraising campaigns, challenges, achievements etc, but only if we believe this falls under the category of legitimate interest to you, according to the new GDPR guidelines (coming in to effect May 2018)
- Keep you up to date with new support or learning materials available – for parents and professionals
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other legitimate functions on our behalf
TINY TICKERS will never swap or sell your details. When dealing with your personal information we will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable legislation.
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes (i.e. such as an appeal letter to you) if we believe you would reasonable expect to receive this or we have notified you that you will receive it. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by writing to Chief Executive Jon Arnold, PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR or emailing email@example.com
How do we protect personal information?
We take the security of your information very seriously and have put appropriate measures in place to minimise the risk to your information from loss, theft or misuse. These include:
- Restricted access control, including use of complex passwords, to your information stored on our systems
- Taking measures to ensure the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you have given consent
- We have contractual agreements between working partners (e.g. third party donation collectors for payment transactions) that require compliance with the Fundraising Regulator and the Information Commissioners Office, GDPR, Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable legislation
- When we employ external service providers to undertake fundraising operations on our behalf, we do so only through encrypted data transfers.
- Your information is only accessed by staff and volunteers who have received data protection and compliance training. We undertake regular reviews of who has access to our database.
Links to third party websites
Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn etc)
Do we share your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
There are some circumstances where we may need to share data. For instance:
- If we are legally required to do so, e.g. court order, law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation
- If we believe it necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our personnel or visitors to our premises or website
- When we work with carefully selected partners for either research, analysis or providing services. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Information has to be sent to HMRC as part of the declaration process for Gift Aid so that we can reclaim the Gift Aid on your donation(s)
Right of access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, why we hold your data, how it is processed and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
To request this information please by phone on 0300 102 1508 or send a request in writing to the Chief Executive Jon Arnold, PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Tiny Tickers have up to 30 days to respond to your request
Right to be forgotten:
You have the right to have your data permanently erased. This will also apply to third parties and does not require a formal withdrawal of consent.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up-to-date by notifying us.
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, or if you would like to opt out of our communications altogether please contact a member of our team by:
- Freephone – 0300 102 1508
- Email – email@example.com
- write to – PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR
We will only email or text you if we have your consent to do so, but if you receive anything you would rather not, please let us know. We include an unsubscribe option within every email or text message we send so you are always in control of what you receive.
There are also details of how to opt out of mailings in our annual mailing. If you receive a mailing you do not want, please let us know so we can update your communication preferences. This will help us to ensure we only ever send you materials that you would like to receive.
All photography on this site is reproduced with kind permission of the photographers concerned and the parents of the child in the photo.
All information published on this site is provided to the best of our knowledge. However, while Tiny Tickers are happy to provide information and advice to health professional, families of children and babies with CHD, supporters and members of the public; it must be appreciated that such guidance is based only on information supplied to Tiny Tickers and Tiny Tickers will not be liable for injury, loss or damage arising from such guidance supplied. You may print any newsletter or factsheet on this site for your own information, but you may not sell it, reproduce it on the internet, alter it, or reprint it in any publication without permission from Chief Executive, Jon Arnold, PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint about Tiny Tickers or any of our policies or procedures please visit the Contact Us page or write to Chief Executive, Jon Arnold, PO Box 369, Leeds, LS26 1FR
This policy was last updated on 28 November 2017.