Fundraising from your sofa…
By Katie Lawson, Head of Fundraising & Communications, Tiny Tickers
We know that the world looks a bit different at the moment, and that a lot has changed. Not being able to meet in real life has changed many aspects of our lives.
Here Katie, our Head of Fundraising and Comms, talks about some other ideas if your fundraising plans have been postponed or cancelled. All of these can be done from home, and from the comfort of your sofa!
So things have changed. And also they’ve not changed at the same time. I still spend a lot of time staring at a screen (too much some would say) and we at Tiny Tickers are still working hard to deliver services to support tiny hearts, their families and the NHS heroes who look after and care for them.
One thing that has hugely changed is the fundraising landscape. The bake sales, collecting tins, sponsored events can’t take place at the moment – and so people have had to get creative. But did you know that there are many ways to support your favourite charity (that’s us by the way) without leaving your home, or lifting your wallet – just stay on the sofa, with your jammies on and get going.
Here are 5 of the easiest ways to support us whilst keeping warm and cosy:
- Use easy fundraising. EasyFundraising is a cashback site that donates money to charity every time you shop. Your online shopping experience won’t change. Just follow this link and carry on your shopping as normal! It really is easy fundraising… https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/tinytickers/
2. If you shop on Amazon then did you know that you can use Amazon Smile – it’s exactly the same shopping experience, but you get cashback every time you shop.
On your desktop/browser: Simply visit Amazon Smile and select Tiny Tickers as your charity. Amazon will then make a donation of 0.5% of the value of your goods, at no cost to you. Please note, to qualify for the donation you must checkout at www.smile.amazon.co.uk every time you shop. On the Amazon app: Tap on ‘settings’ then ‘Amazon Smile’ and choose Tiny Tickers as your charity. You will then raise a donation for us every time you shop! And remember to use this unique link – https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1078114-0
3. Recycle your unwanted stuff for tiny hearts with the help of Ziffit. I’ve done this and it was ridiculously easy AND helped me clear my endless clutter. Virgin Money Giving have partnered with Ziffit to help you sell your unwanted books, games, DVDs and CDs quickly and easily whilst raising money for Tiny Tickers. It’s never been easier to declutter and donate! Set up your own virginmoney page and then get clearing out that clutter or link to our page here.
4. Everyone is familiar with Ebay but did you know that you can sell your stuff for tiny hearts? Just list your items as normal and tick the ‘donate to charity’ button on your listing. Visit our Ebay homepage here.
5. #Donateyourbirthday on Facebook! Birthday parties might be postponed but you can still ask your friends to celebrate so why not ask them to donate the cost of a drink? Or ask your Facebook friends to donate to Tiny Tickers instead of buying you gifts. Just follow this link and you can #donateyourbirthday – https://www.facebook.com/fund/tinytickers/. And if Great Auntie Maud doesn’t use Facebook, don’t worry, she can send you a cheque in the post and you can add the donation yourself! Easy!
So there we go. These are some ideas for you. And please do tag us in any activity you choose to do – we’re on all social channels @tinytickers on Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and we even have a YouTube channel. Also remember that liking, following and sharing our posts are a huge help to our tiny charity.
You can follow Katie on the Twittersphere here