Thank you for deciding to raise money for Tiny Tickers – we are so grateful! To help you reach your target, we have pulled together some top tips and ideas.
First thing to do is to set up an online fundraising page and we recommend Just Giving.
You can set up a team page, add photographs and tell your story. Make sure your page is compelling and explains the reasons why you have chosen to support Tiny Tickers.
Once it is set up, you need to start getting sponsors. Here are some tips to help raise as much money as possible:
- Ask close family and friends to donate generously first, so that others will follow their lead. And ask them to spread the word about your fundraising too – they’ll be keen to help you get more sponsors.
- Spread the word using social media. Tell all your friends on Facebook and Twitter what you are doing and why. Reach a wider audience by contacting local press, radio stations and editors of local newsletters. Remember, this is for charity and many organisations will be happy to give you another platform for your fundraising. You could try hospital radio, parish magazines, on-line bulletin boards – anywhere you can get your story told!
- Tell people what your fundraising target is and what their contribution will help achieve for Tiny Tickers. You can find more information about how your sponsorship will help here, or you can ask us to help you with that bit!
- Add some perspective around a suggested donation e.g. £10 might mean missing a takeaway dinner or giving up your special coffee for a few days.
- Don’t forget to remind people to sign up for Gift Aid as this means more money to help more babies and time your donation request as people are more likely to be generous with their sponsorship after payday.
- Mention your fundraising event in your answerphone messages, email signatures, notice boards, anywhere you can!
- Whether your workplace has a staff only website or a noticeboard in the kitchen, make use of it to tell everyone about your fundraising event and about Tiny Tickers. Design posters or cards to leave on people’s desks. And remember to include a clear link to your fundraising page to take any donations.
- Be bold and ask your employer for a donation. Some of our fundraisers have even had their sponsorship totals matched by their employers.
Remember we are here to help along the way so don’t hesitate to get in touch! (firstname.lastname@example.org)