There are many ways that you can fundraise for Tiny Tickers while you are at University and if you contact us we can help you with hints, tips and advice.
Firstly, contact your Student Union and find out if you have a Student RAG, how it operates, who is in charge and how they choose the charities that they support. You may need to nominate us or we may need to apply to the RAG committee, but let us know and we can do all we can to be one of the chosen ones!
They may also have some tried and tested events planned throughout the year and you could nominate Tiny Tickers to benefit.
If you want to organise your own event for Tiny Tickers, we can help you with materials and collecting tins. You could choose from any of the ideas in our fundraising toolkit or come up with your own. Here are some to get you started:
- Organise a fancy dress pub crawl, collecting money on the way – don’t forget to ask permission of all the landlords of the pubs you plan to visit.
- Ask the same landlord if he would let you hold a quiz night in your local pub.
- Gather your fellow students together for a bag-pack at your local supermarket.
- Guess the age of your lecturer/professor/tutor. Get their permission and correct age first and then get your mates to guess (with a small donation of course!).
- Hold a talent competition – you could even have heats throughout the year with a grand finale before your exams. To raise money, ask for an entry fee from contestants and the audience!
Contact us with any questions or for more ideas!
Thank you so much for supporting Tiny Tickers and good luck!