Volunteer for Us
Volunteers are a huge part of our team here at Tiny Tickers and make an incredible difference to the work we do and the people we can reach.
“My son George was one of the 1000 babies sent home from hospital with an undiagnosed heart condition. Luckily, after a few weeks he was diagnosed and underwent life-saving surgery at four months old. He is now four years old and doing brilliantly. I know other families have not been so fortunate, which is why Tiny Tickers’ mission to improve early detection is a cause that is so important to me. Not being one for running marathons or taking part in daredevil stunts to help raise funds, I was delighted to be able to offer my skills as a graphic designer to help promote Heart Week and inspire Tiny Tickers supporters to get fundraising. It gives me enormous pleasure to be able to support this incredible charity and everything they do to help tiny hearts.” – Claire
Current volunteer vacancies
Think HEART Local Champion
Could you help spread awareness of our vital Think HEART message in your local community? We’re looking for people who are passionate about ensuring new parents and those who work with newborn babies are aware of the five key signs that a baby may have an undetected heart condition.
There are many ways you could spread the Think HEART message – from sharing it on social media, to delivering Think HEART posters and leaflets to local playgroups, nurseries and soft play centres.
If you are interested in this role, please fill in the form below, indicating that you’d like to be a Think HEART Local Champion. We’ll send you all the information you need to get started and will support you along the way!
Other ways you could help
Tiny Tickers is always looking for volunteers to play a vital role in admin, fundraising or awareness raising of the charity. They provide vital support in helping us in the detection and diagnosis of heart defects in babies.
Examples of how you can help:
- Setting up and running your own event – this could be anything from a bake sale, a bucket collection to organising a sponsored run!
- Approaching local Asda/Tesco/Waitrose for green token support.
- Approaching local Rotary Clubs, Lions to see if you can speak at their events to ask for their support.
- Asking at work if they have a charity of the year and if Tiny Tickers can be considered (or ask your friends to do the same at their workplaces!)
- Sharing your story with us – do you have experience of CHD? (To share your story, please visit this page).
- Supporting local campaigns, such as pulse oximetry machine placements in maternity wards.
- Talking to and supporting local parents who have a baby or are expecting a baby with CHD.
- Writing to your local newspaper about Tiny Tickers.
- Assisting with admin type tasks such as data entry.
Whether you can spare a few days every month or an afternoon once a year, we have a volunteering role for you and we would love to have you on the Tiny Tickers team! Please fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.
If you have any questions, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.