Useful Links for Health Professionals
Tiny Tickers is not responsible for the content of these external websites and reports, but we recommend them to sonographers and other health professionals involved in screening the fetal heart and/or providing care to patients with a diagnosis of congenital heart defects.
- UK National Screening Committee – www.gov.uk/government/groups/uk-national-screening-committee-uk-nsc
- NHS Fetal Anomaly Screening Programme (FASP) – www.gov.uk/topic/population-screening-programmes/fetal-anomaly
- Antenatal Screening Wales – www.antenatalscreening.wales.nhs.uk/
- NHS Scotland, Pregnancy Screening Programmes – www.nsd.scot.nhs.uk/services/screening/pregscreening/index.html
- Public Health Agency, Northern Ireland, Antenatal Screening – www.publichealth.hscni.net/directorate-public-health/service-development-and-screening/antenatal-screening
- NHS Screening Programmes Professional Development website – https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/nhs-screening-programmes/
- Understanding Children’s Heart Surgery Outcomes – http://childrensheartsurgery.info/
- The National Congenital Anomaly and Rare Disease Registration Service (NCARDRS) – www.gov.uk/guidance/the-national-congenital-anomaly-and-rare-disease-registration-service-ncardrs
- NHS England clinical reference group for congenital heart services – https://www.england.nhs.uk/commissioning/spec-services/npc-crg/
- NHS England 2017 congenital heart disease review, including papers on the new standards for referral pathways following antenatal detection – www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/qual-clin-lead/chd/
- European Surveillance of Congenital Anomalies (EUROCAT) – http://www.eurocat-network.eu
- ARC (Antenatal Results and Choices charity) – www.arc-uk.org
- A fascinating supercomputer simulation of a working human heart from the University of Tokyo – https://youtu.be/2LPboySOSvo
- An excellent paper providing detailed background about CHD and issues regarding detection – Screening for Congenital Heart Defects, (External review against programme appraisal criteria for the UK NSC), by Dr Rachel L Knowles and Ms Rachael M Hunter, University College London – download here.