Coping with the loss of your baby
Losing a child is a devastating experience and life will never be the same again. But you are not alone.
We have worked with some parents who have been through the loss of a baby to produce this video. We hope that it will offer some vital reassurance for other parents at this traumatic time.
There are a range of organisations which offer further support and guidance to parents following the loss of a baby. These include:
- Child Bereavement UK run a free Helpline on 0800 02 888 40. They have support groups, offer counselling and they can help siblings through a bereavement.
- Bliss has a range of information on their website, and a booklet on overcoming loss.
- Saying Goodbye offers support, advice and a befriending service. You can also attend Saying Goodbye ceremonies across the country.
- SANDS works throughout the UK to support anyone affected by the death of a baby and strives to improve the care bereaved parents receive. You can call their free helpline on 0808 164 3332 or visit their website to find out about their local support groups and online community.
- The Lullaby Trust also offers support to bereaved families, through their free helpline on 0808 802 6868, online forums and befriender support network.
- The Compassionate Friends is another charity working to support bereaved families, via their helpline 0345 123 2304. Their website contains many useful resources for families coping with the loss of a baby.
Some of our supporters have bravely shared their experiences of baby loss. You can read them here: