Virtual Peer Support Groups
At Tiny Tickers our message for parents is always “you are not alone.” The ability to speak to others going through or who have been through a similar situation is often a very valuable source of support for a lot of parents of babies and children with CHD.
Tiny Tickers is now offering free, virtual peer support sessions, made possible by funding from the Coronavirus Community Support Fund, distributed by The National Lottery Community Fund.
Given the current situation with national lockdowns in place, we would like to offer these sessions to as many people as we can and have set up a pregnancy peer support group and a general CHD support group, to offer support to any parents that would like to meet and share their experiences.
Each group’s sessions run for six weeks, held weekly for an hour each. They are not counselling sessions but an opportunity to speak to other parents in a small Zoom group setting, led by a qualified facilitator.
Places are available for the following groups:
Pregnancy CHD Peer Support Group, beginning Monday 12th April, 7.30pm
Meet other heart parents-to-be through our supportive online six week group:
- Support each other from diagnosis and appointments right through to birth
- Discuss what you might expect when your baby is in hospital/undergoing treatment
- A chance to talk through some of the practicalities of preparing for a baby with CHD
General CHD Support Group, beginning Wednesday 28th April, 8pm
- Meet other parents of children who have CHD
- Discuss your experiences and share advice
- Support each other through shared worries and concerns
If you are interested in signing up for any of the groups, please complete the form here.
If you cannot make these dates or do not manage to secure a place please don’t worry. We will be announcing further groups in the coming weeks via our social media channels.